My friend Alli gave me this award (thanks Alli!), meaning I have to share 7 things you may not know about me. Alli’s blog is one of my favorites and her twins are hilarious and so cute. Here we go:
1. Tina Fey is my celebrity-me. Someone actually thought I was her once…it didn’t help that I was wearing a very liz lemon-ish outfit including chucks, a t-shirt, and a blazer.
2. I am a sucker for animals. Sometimes I like to go to Petland to play with the puppies, I know I shouldn’t support that store but the puppies need stimulation! Growing up we had bad luck with animals…several cats disappeared, run over, or garage-doored on etc…but we spoil Trevor rotten!
3. I don’t like anything to touch or even be close to touching in the dishwasher – making me very inefficient in loading it. I’m working on this little OCD-ish trait of mine.
4. I would love to learn to sail – it’s my favorite beach activity and I like looking out at the waves.
5. Some of my all-time favorite albums include Wildflowers by Tom Petty and No Need To Argue by the Cranberries.
6. My favorite recipe is parmesan chicken from my aunt Lynne – pound chicken tenders or breasts, dip them in egg, dip them in progresso italian bread crumbs, dip them in parmesan cheese and cook in olive oil. Finish with some fresh lemon juice squeezed on top. It’s always a hit, although a little messy. Goes great with pasta!
7. When I was about 4 or 5 my sister made me learn all the lyrics to “Parents Just Don’t Understand” by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Oh Yeah, it’s true. There is a video of my monotone rendition somewhere…let’s just say it didn’t land me a gig on Star Search.